Thursday, May 22, 2014
Fred and Ethel...
Dear Diary...I have some new friends at my house...Their names are Fred and Ethel...At least I'm TRYING to be friends with them...Debbie says they are hummingbirds...Ok...:/...now I've listened and listened and I have yet to hear them "humming"...oh they make noise alright but it's not any kind of tune that I recognize...I like music and listen to it a lot so I know what I'm talking about...They do make a funny kind of cheeping sound and when they fly they sound a lot like the bees that Debbie tells me to stay away from !!!...but humming ???...NO !...At any rate I'm trying to be friendly with them... I'm told I have to be very quiet and still if I want them to come closer to me...I try... but "quiet" and "still " just aren't a part of this WonderDog...they fly right up to a thing that Debbie put out there that looks a lot like a flower...I guess it's like a dog dish for birds...Fred and Ethel sure like whatever she put in there..I bet they won't have to be on a diet like me...:(... I watched her make this food and you wouldn't believe how much sugar they get...it's like the coolest candy ever !!! Some animals have all the luck...Debbie said that they need plenty of food because she thinks they have a nest in the tree by the porch...that means MORE of these creatures will be arriving soon...I hope it goes better for me than when the ducks and geese were bringing out their families...they didn't like me very much...especially those geese...they can chase you !!! I think I stand a better chance of getting away from an angry hummingbird though...Well...I have to go...time for bird watching...Love...Lucey...<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment