Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 6, 2014

It's THAT Time Of Year Again...



Dear Diary...It's THAT time of year again...What time of year is that ?...Flea and tick season...and around here there has been an explosion in the flea population...Having a creek in your own backyard is really a cool thing...most of the time...but this year the bugs have been nothing short of a disaster !!!...You can't go out there...and its not just me...the humans aren't wild about it either...:(...so...that being said why would they expect me to want to go out there to ...well...to do what I need to do every few hours...I should start at the beginning...the whole mess started several days ago...I tried not to let them know just how miserable I was and didn't cry until Debbie had gone upstairs to bed...(I really should have closed the bathroom door)...but she heard me and came down to see what the problem was...she caught me crying and scratching...I could tell she was upset...she promised to call the vet in the morning and tried right then to give me a bath...but I wanted nothing of it...I just didn't want be touched anywhere...but she kept her word and called the next day ...first thing too !...I had already had my flea medicine for the month and Debbie wasn't sure just what else she could do...The doctor said I really needed that bath and told Debbie about more medicine that I could take...So...I put my WonderDog "Big Puppy Panties" on and let them give me that bath that I didn't want...Wow...I should have caved in the night before...it was great...and it smelled good too...I got shampooed 3 times !!!...then Debbie gave me a peanut butter covered Dorito...one of my favorite things ever...and shortly after that I took a nice long nap !!!...Thinking back on that I wonder what else was on that Dorito besides peanut butter ?!?...I'm much better now and feel more like my old self...Debbie said not to worry and it's not my fault...the mosquitoes and fleas and bugs were extra bad this year and the good old Frontline isn't working like it usually does...and I can't take the flea "pills"...they make me sick...as for "going" outside...seems I still have to do that...:(...Good Grief ...why go where I know very well the problem resides ?!?...then its brushing and vacuuming and vacuuming and brushing...good thing I'm sleeping better these days...I hate that vacuum cleaner...Gotta go...I've had my Dorito and I feel a nap coming on...Lucey the WonderDog...P S ...and at some point during this the humans took my bed and MY BLANKET away from me...I've been promised a new cover on my bed and a new blanket...after a killing frost...someone want to explain that to me ???

No comments:

Post a Comment