Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's Canine Evidence ...Honest...

2012...It's Canine Evidence...Honest...

Chapter 11 in the life of Lucey The Wonder Dog.....Lucey has had a quiet weekend and a well deserved one after the "fish" incident from last week...I'm still apologizing for blaming her for Hannah's untimely death....actually this isn't the first time she has been blamed for an apparent "murder"....a few years ago we adopted Lucey and added her to our family which also includes a cat named Maggie....Lucey likes cats but we never considered that the cat wouldn't like the dog....Maggie HATES Lucey.....an understatement really...anyway....one afternoon we heard Lucey upstairs barking at the cat and made her come downstairs before a fight broke out....a few minutes later l leaned over to pet the dog and came up with a bloody hand...this dog was COVERED in it.....(she has black fur so the blood didn't show up)...I was yelling that Lucey had killed the cat....I was certain that she had...and no one really wanted to go upstairs to find out either....Ashley heard all the yelling and wondered what was wrong with everyone....she was holding a purring cat that looked fine and very "innocent " too....seems there was a fight....all the blood was Lucey's and it was everywhere...the cat had scratched her pretty deep in a couple of places and then you know how dogs "shake" themselves off...I had two crime scene rooms to clean up.....Maggie may be a little cat...she really is small.....but she can hold her own with the dog...we now gate the stairway for the dog's own protection and Maggie is mostly an upstairs kitty...if there is ever an investigation done in this house I am publicly stating that the blood evidence upstairs is canine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment