Sunday, March 9, 2014
This Old House...
Dear Diary...We live in an old, old house...Larry and Debbie say it's over 100 years old...I wonder how many that is in dog years ???... I'm great at overhearing conversations around here and I get the idea that old houses can be challenging...something always needs repaired...or is leaking...or needs tightened...or just plain fell apart...But there are good things too (Debbie had to give this one some thought)...like big old porches to sit on in the summer...nooks and crannies to hide in (Maggie takes advantage of this)...and best of all ...the floor furnace !!!...I admit to being afraid of it for the first few years that I lived here...I would always walk around it ...never on it...it scared me...it either felt too cold or too hot...there are holes in it...and strange noises come out of it...smells sometimes too...:(...but one day I realized that the humans in this house are around it a lot !!!...(especially this winter)...so I decided to be brave and see what the attraction was...IT'S GREAT !!!...heat comes up from there...lots of it...I'm on it every chance I get...Debbie had to take my collar off in the house because I kept getting my dog tags caught in it...:)...The humans around here now have to wait their turn to warm up...and they soon learned that if they do get their chance and leave the furnace for any reason they better not be gone long...:)...Until next time...gotta go...the furnace is running...Love... Lucey the WonderDog...P S ...Debbie says that I'm so bad about laying there that she's vacuumed up enough fur to make another whole dog...wow...I hope not...I've got enough competition around here as it is...:/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment