Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I'm A Glutton...Really ???


Dear Diary...I'm a glutton...really ??? I didn't know whether to be insulted or not...You see Debbie accused me of being a "glutton" a few days ago...Yep...I've been in trouble AGAIN...A few days ago I got to  have a rawhide bone to chew on...it's a treat I don't get very often but I always only chew small pieces and it gets taken away from me after a couple of hours...at least I think that's what happens...they always come up missing after I've had them awhile...Some dogs I'm told have actually swallowed them whole...YIKES !!!...but again...I've never done that...Debbie just figures that small amounts keep me busy but too much could cause an upset tummy...and she's always talked about my "sensitive stomach"...That rawhide bone was pretty tasty...and  Grandpa...<3...was here for supper so everyone was enjoying their evening in the dining room and talking...well...during their talking ....I ate the entire thing...:/...Debbie searched the whole house for it after Grandpa left...I was gonna tell her what I did but she was getting more upset by the minute and I chose the "beats me what happened to it " look....that was followed by checking the vet sites on the computer and trying to figure out what to do...Debbie found out the solution...What I thought was good news...going off my diet...didn't turn out as great as I thought it would be...I got plain old cooked rice...and soft canned food ...and LOTS of water...and pumpkin...now I really like pumpkin...it's good...and it has lots of fiber in it...so no complaints about that ...but I didn't really like the rest of it...I've also come to understand that this "fiber" stuff is somehow linked to my bathroom activities...for the next 4 days I had absolutely no privacy while I was outside...Debbie watched me like she paid for the event !!!...Good grief...I get shut out of the humans bathroom  for such actions...( an activity that Maggie is allowed to witness )...But ...good news is...I'm fine...I never got sick...not even a little bit...Things are again back to normal here except my secret is out...my sensitive stomach is really made of "cast iron"...As for being a glutton...Debbie helped me look up the definition...*Gluttony...is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires...*...and even though Debbie says this was her fault for not watching me more closely she still says I'm guilty...sigh...can't win...Love...Lucey the WonderDog...P S ...I'm willing to bet I never see another rawhide bone again...Deb has probably already called the North Pole to tell Santa to not bring me one for Christmas this year no matter how much of a "good dog " I am...gotta start thinking of what to ask for this year...Oh...and I'm supposed to tell all of you to never leave your dogs unsupervised with rawhide bones or maybe consider never giving them to your pet at all...:(

No comments:

Post a Comment